Three women murdered

Roxanne Daley

Noelita Lawrence
Staff Reporter

With the police already at their wits’ end trying to curtail crime across St. James; they now have another raging crime beast to tackle in the least likely of places – the once peaceful, rural community of Cambridge, St. James.

In Mother Lane and McLeod Road Cambridge, gangsters yet again struck, mercilessly killing a mother, her daughter, and a teenager, all spanning three days.

The Police High Command, who divulged that they now have a strong presence in the area, revealed to the Western Mirror that they have already taken into custody a man for the killing of the teen, and are pursuing credible leads into the slaughtering of the mother and daughter.

Police say they also seized a firearm and several rounds of ammunition in connection with the killing of the teenager.

The women killed have been identified as 17-year-old Roxanne Daley of McLeod Road, Cambridge; 44-year-old Ann Marie Johnson, a Customer Service Representative and her 24-year-old daughter, Shantoy McKenzie, also a Customer Service Representative, both of Mother Lane in Cambridge.

The mother and daughter were killed on Saturday, while the teen was gunned down on Monday.


Ann Marie Johnson (Mother)
Shantoy McKenzie (Daughter)

The mother and daughter were allegedly killed on Saturday night, but their bodies were not discovered until ten hours after, early on Sunday morning, November, 19.

Information is that about 9.p.m., residents heard explosions in the area, but did not call the police.

The bodies of the two women were found about 7 on Sunday morning when a family member went to check on them after repeated calls to both went unanswered.

The family member found the lifeless bodies of both in their respective rooms with gunshot wounds.

The police were called and the bodies removed.

The teenager was killed in broad daylight on Monday as she walked towards her home.

The Western Mirror understand that about 10:30 a.m., residents heard gunfire and later found Daley suffering from gunshot wounds.

Police indicate that she was rushed to the Cornwall Regional Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Following the killing of the teenager, Police carried out an operation in the area resulting in the recovery of an illegal firearm and several rounds of ammunition.

Police have also arrested a man they said they believe is able to assist them in their investigation.

Gary McKenzie, Superintendent of Police in charge of Operations for St. James, told the Western Mirror that the police’s quick response and investigative work have left them with credible information which they are vigorously pursuing.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here